Shark Week?

7/06/2015

I know what your thinking, what? Really? A blogpost on shark week? Is she serious?

Yes, I'm serious. Dead serious. I have always loved shark week. The thrills, the science, the anticipation, the amazement and seeing what amazing things sharks can do. Yes they are dangerous, killing machines. But they don't mean to be. They mistake humans for seals. I don't know how, but they do. They are attracted to movement. That's why, if you ever get attacked, you have to stay as still and calm as possible. Once they see that you aren't moving they will leave you alone. If you flail your arms and start screaming and freaking out (who wouldn't?) they will keep biting at you. For example, soul surfer. When she got bit, she stayed calm and still and called for help. She didn't flail her arms around and scream. She knew exactly what to do. She is still alive today. 

A few years ago, my family and I went to a beach in Florida on vacation. I didn't necessarily love going in the water cause it was too salty and whatever. I still went in though. Anyways, my dad was kneeling in the water relaxing and all of a sudden, this group of people starting pointing at something in the water near my dad. My dad looked around trying to find what they were pointing at, and there it was. A sand shark. Swimming not even a foot away from my dad. What did he do? He slowly got up, and ran out of the water. He didn't go in after that, but atleast no one got eaten. We were then told sand sharks don't really harm people. But we still need to be cautious. Sand shark or not, it was still a shark.

I am TERRIFIED of sharks, but I love shark week. It's weird. I think I like it cause it's not me risking my life for science and standing in a cage in the middle of a shark nest in the sea, wielding a camera and a stick with meat on it. I think it's facinating what they can do. For example, spinner sharks. They spin out of the water to catch their prey. ITS AMAZING! I love spinner sharks. They are my favorite type of shark. I just imagine the people on shark week on their little science boat and a 10 foot spinner shark just spins out of the water over their boat. That would be so cool!

That's all for now! If you have any questions or you need advice or an opinion on something, feel free to leave it in the comments and I will try my very best to get back to you! Byeee!!

XOXO Bella

Question of the day: what is your favorite type of shark and why?

You Might Also Like

0 comments