Going To The Hospital & Pains In My Chest

12/01/2015

Hello! Firstly, HAPPY DECEMBER! That's right! It's December 1st! Get out your Christmas lights and Santa hats! Secondly, if you read my post yesterday, you will know that I had a scope done in my stomach. I went to the hospital and everything. There is actually a little story too. But first a little back story, I have explained this before but for the past 2 or 3 years I have been having stomach pains. I think it's anxiety and stress but we did blood tests and ultra-sounds and X-rays to check if it was anything else. All the results came out fine. After all these years, it's still happening. That's the summary of the back story. So, my doctor decided to make me do a scope in my stomach just to make sure I don't have an ulcer. They basically put a camera down my throat to look inside my stomach. It was a very interesting day. My parents took me to the South lake Hospital near where I live to have the procedure. When we got there, we took an elevator up to the 4th floor where we went to a desk to check in. I was then lead to a little sitting area where some adults and a boy about my age were sitting. A nice nurse called me up and I put on one of those gowns. It was really big on my and long so I basically looked like I was wearing a giant blanket. I sat in the little waiting area for about an hour reading a book while the boy my age was having his procedure done. Another nurse took me into a tiny little room and checked my heart rate and blood pressure. I waited for another 30 minutes until the anesthesiologist came and talked to me about how they were going to do the procedure and whatever. I then followed another lovely nurse into the room where the scope was going to be done. I layed down in the bed and they put a nice warm blanket on my. Then the bad part came, the anesthisia. The lovely nurse that brought me in was sticking a needle in my hand and moving it around to try and find one of my veins. I then started to cry of course. She took the needle out and moved up my arm and put the needle in again and found a vein. They then put the oxygen nostril things that Hazel from The Fault In Our Stars had and this thing in my mouth to keep it open. They then told me to lay on my side and that was the last thing I remembered. About 20 minutes later I woke up in recovery. I literally opened my eyes, looked at the nurse and was like, "Where the heck am I?" in a really tired drowsy voice. She just started to laugh. She brought my parents in and got me some apple juice. Since they went down my esophagaus, the doctor said I would have some chest pains for a couple days. Oh my God. I couldn't drink my apple juice because it burned so much. It was even more difficult to eat. After that, I took off my really comfy gown and was sent home. My day consisted of finishing the 3rd season of Pretty Little Liars, drinking Gatorade, texting my friends to let them know I survived and suffering from the pain in my chest. The nurse said it's trapped gas, but I don't know. I feel a bit better, it's still a little difficult for me to eat because of my chest but I will be fine. I get the results in 2 weeks so I have a lot of waiting to do.

Thank you so much for reading! Join my blog to be notified when I make a new post and I will see you later. Byeee!

XOXO Bella

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm sorry you had to go through this but am glad you got through it xxxx I hope you feel much much much better soon ❤️
    I am going to the hospital quite a few times as I'm not too well but ok.
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laila! I hope you feel better too!

      Delete