Hometown Hockey (My Experience)

12/06/2015

Photo taken from Google
 
My little 10 year old brother is on the Select team in my town. Yes, I live in a town. In hockey, there are different levels. There is House League, Select, Rep, AE, A, AA, AAA and then I forget what else. Select is basically traveling House League. In September, my brother tried out for the team and he made it. I never really liked going to see his games because we always had to be there an hour early. Since we have to travel (not far) for his games, we recently went to Innisfil. It's like 15 minutes from Barrie and 30-45 minutes away from where I live. I was forced to go of course. Our team isn't really the greatest, but that day they were amazing. My brother scored a goal that tied them 2-2. It was an amazing experience to see how the people form where I live came out and cheered. Here is basically what happened when my brother scored the goal: There were 5 minutes left in the second period. My brother stayed off side where his teammate passed him the puck. He was on a break away racing with opponents from the other team towards the net. He was skating as fast as he could as the crowd shouted his name. He skated far enough away from his opponents so he could score. Still skating, he pulled back his stick and shot the puck. He then went flying, slamming into the boards and stumbling to the ground. Getting up very confused with cherry red cheeks, his teammates crowded him in a big group hug jumping and cheering. The crowd screamed with joy. People ringing cowbells (yes that is what we do) and dads congratulating my dad saying how good he did.It was the most exciting thing I've ever seen. Then I realized, this is what hometown hockey is like. It's support from everybody and seeing people come out to cheer the team on, no matter how bad they are. That is what hometown hockey is all about.

Thank you so much for reading! Join my blog to be notified when I make a new post and I will see you later. Byeee!

XOXO Bella

You Might Also Like

1 comments