What It Feels Like To Hold Snow

12/29/2015


Hello Everyone! If you read yesterdays post, you will know that if FINALLY started snowing where I live. Today I went on a "winter walk" on one of the trails near my house. I brought my camera and took some pictures for you guys too! So, I thought I would share them with you. This picture that is above this is basically what you need to walk among the crunchy fresh snow: a poofy winter jacket that makes you look 10 times bigger than you actually are, some tights that are thick and look like jeans, some fuzzy socks and big winter boots that are waterproof.

Here are my huge feet in my boots.


Although it snowed A LOT last night, some of it was melted by the rain. It was misting a bit when I went out and most of the snow was really mushy and wet and almost killed me walking up the hill to get back to my house.



On yesterdays post, Autumn said she never held snow before because all it does is rain where she lives. So, I am going to tell you what it feels like to hold snow in my perspective. When you scrape it off the ground, your nails start to tingle with the cold and wetness of the the ground. When you squeeze it in your hand and it keeps it's shape. It feels wet and cold, but not too cold. Otherwise you wouldn't be holding it! It slowly starts to melt and you can the the little snow crystals in the clump that you have in your hand. It actually feels very relaxing. I know it wasn't much but everyone has their own opinion on this feeling.

When I went out it was about 4:30 PM and in December it gets dark really early here. I thought this looked cool so I included it!


And this concludes our walk through winter. It was 2 Degrees Celsius today, which is cold. But, not cold enough! I just really needed to get outside because I have been cooped up in my room all week and needed some fresh air! It's always good to go for a walk once in a while.

Thank you so much for reading! Join my blog to be notified when I make a new post and I will see you later. Byeee!

XOXO Bella



You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. You lucky thing! I wish it was snowing where I live!!!!! Seems like you had a great snow-day xxx
    Laila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now my wish to touch actual snow has increased by 100 percent!!! Well, atleast I know exactly how it feels like. Thanks for letting me know!!!
    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to experience snow so bad!

    ReplyDelete