Monologue Mental Breakdowns

1/19/2016

Hello everyone! School in 2016 has been interesting so far. In drama class, we had to do dramatic monologues. Here is mine:


Do you know what it’s like to live your entire life in a tiny lamp like this? *lifts up legit lamp* whoops, wrong one. *lifts up paper* okay! right one. Yeah. Imagine being trapped in here for 300 YEARS! It’s awful! There’s only one tiny room, one tiny bathroom, the worlds smallest shower, and *lifts up computer* NO WI-FI. I can’t go on Facebook and a stalk peoples old photo’s or start trending #JustinneedstobreakupwithHayley on Twitter or go on YouTube and learn how to french braid my hair. I only know what those things are because of my job, but I will explain more about that later. Where was I? Oh yeah! My house. On the inside it’s pretty clean, but the outside is a whole different story. It’s dusty and the writing that has my address on it is all faded and covered with more dust and dirt. Of course there is that one person that finds me and thinks I’ll make “A great piece of vintage home accessory ” or “Look great on their coffee table”. And since my address is all faded and covered with dirt, people try rubbing the side of my lamp to try and clean it, that’s when an unknown magical force pulls me out of the lamp and my job begins. UGH. I don’t even know why I call it a job! I don’t even get paid! Basically, when I come out of my lamp, people freak out and have like 10 mental break downs a minute, trying to figure out if I’m real or just seeing things. When they realize I am the blue blob of smoke with a go-tee from that one Disney movie, they immediately tell me their three wishes. Which normally consist of “I wish to me beautiful” or “I wish to become rich” or “I wish to become famous!”. I can grant any wish possible. Well, there’s 2 that I can’t. If you wish to kill someone, NOT GONNA HAPPEN. #1 I cannot take the life of some one else because it’s illegal and cruel and #2 I will have to call the police and have you arrested, cause I’m sure if I won’t do it then you probably will. And the second thing I cannot grant wishes for is love. Love is a strong and powerful force that is not to be messed with. If you don’t find love now, it will come to you. Don’t force love because it will end HORRIBLY. Anyways, after I either grant their 3 wishes or send them to jail, the magical force that I mentioned before sticks me back in that awful place. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go grant some more wishes.


If you couldn't tell, I was a genie.Sorry guys! This was actually a video but I'm not allowed to upload it. I'm still talking to my parents about the YouTube thing and it's complicated. I basically have to make a video for them showing them what I plan to do with this channel. It'll be a while now...

Anyways, we were allowed to either do it live or record it. I obviously chose the easy route and chose to film it. Yeah, I thought it was easy. BOY WAS I WRONG! I filmed it the first time, edited it to make it look good and bam. I thought I was done. NOPE. It had to be all done in one take with no jump cuts, no editing, no nothing. I WAS SCREWED. Literally, the night before it was due, I refilmed it. I ended up going through 20 minutes of footage of me saying the monologue, messing up halfway and then having a mental breakdown. I finally got it done, and as I went through the footage, there were some pretty hilarious bloopers. The main one that I put at the end of my video to finish it off was where I lifted up my lamp and then I put it down. As I pulled up the piece of paper, the lamp fell onto the keyboard of my new computer. My reaction was like "*GASPS* Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Oh my God, Oh-uh- ooh okay okay. It's all good! It survived!" I don't know what anyones reaction to it was because I went in the hall because of how embarrassed I was. I couldn't do it, when my teacher brought up my video, I was like "Oh, that's mine? *gets up and leaves* I'll be in the hall!" plus we were allowed to so. For the whole 2 minutes in the hall, I was just pacing back and forth and cringing at the sound of my voice that I heard from the class. I just literally wanted to delete my life at that very moment. 

Other than that, things are pretty normal. Science got even more interesting, Math got like ten times harder, in Language we are going to be writing short stories (I will definitely post my short story here!) and History just got like 1000 times more boring. If anything interesting happens, I will definitely let you know!

That's all for now! Thank you so much for reading! Join my blog to be notified when I make a new post and I will see you later. Byeee!

XOXO Bella

You Might Also Like

0 comments