Ukulele Fails & Getting My Sponsor!

1/10/2016

OH MY GOSH GUYS! I missed you all so much! I have been gone for ages! I was SO busy this week! I recently went back to school after my 2 week holiday and it was so busy and tiring. I literally didn't want to get back into the swing of things but I had to. I've started going to the gym again after my mom suspended my membership for like 2 months, and IT FEELS SO GOOD. It's always nice to get a good sweat out during the week. The best part is showering after you work out. OMG, its like: you're all sweaty and hot and nasty af, but then the shower fixes everything! You're all cool and refreshed and it feels so nice! I go to the gym about 3 times a week now (Well I basically workout 5 times a week because I have gym class twice a week at school) and it has been hard. It will all be worth it in the end though! Anyways *Looks outside window* HOLY SHIZNIT IT'S RAINING SO HARD. Or is that snow? IT'S BOTH! What happened. Okay, so back to what this post is about! As most of you know (if you've read Armageddon, What I Got For Christmas & A Little Bit Of Anime ) I got a ukulele for Christmas. I am actually really good. Compared to my class I am literally the God of ukulele's. I know different chords and songs and I just sit there laughing as everyone fails to switch from F to A minor to G and then to C. I'm just sitting there like I am way better than all of you. My friend Dan also own a ukulele (well her mom does) and she brought it over to my house so I could teach her how to play Riptide by Vance Joy. She failed miserably and she ended up singing it while I played my ukulele. SHE IS ACTUALLY SO GOOD. My voice is really raspy, so when I sing it sounds like a cow is dying. She has a hard time singing the pitch but other than that she is CLEARLY better than me! We were thinking of doing a cover of Riptide for our next S.P.L.I.C.E Week project. I don't know if we will actually do it, but it's an idea. So, I am basically getting like 10 bajillion A+'s in music this year! Also, I got my sponsor for confirmation! If you don't know what confirmation is here is the definition: 

con·fir·ma·tion
ˌkänfərˈmāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    (in the Christian Church) the rite at which a baptized person, especially one baptized as an infant, affirms Christian belief and is admitted as a full member of the church.


So yeah! In order to be confirmed, you need a sponsor. It could be a family member or family friend who has had their confirmation already. I chose my cousin Sam and I asked her last night! I had it planned since October  and because of my priest, he wouldn't tell us the date until January and I just recently found out the date. My mom said to wait until we find out the date to ask her. So I had to wait a while. They way I asked her? Ok, it's my favorite part! My mom had gotten a little cake at Sobey's and got them to write "Will You Be My Sponsor?" on it. We all went to my cousins house last night so it was the perfect time to ask her! I hid the cake when we got inside and when everyone was in the family room, I got the cake, handed it to her and I let her read the cake. Her first reaction was "What?! Me?! Really?!" and I was standing next to her almost crying of joy (I held it in though) and I could only nod my head. "Yes! Yes! Oh my god yes I'll be your sponsor!" she shouted. She set the cake aside, and we hugged each other for like 5 minutes laughing and almost crying. The funny part was, we went out to dinner before this all happened and she asked me who I was choosing for my sponsor and I was like "Uhhhhh I haven't decided yet." She was so surprised and happy when I asked her. It was a good night!

Well, that's all for today. Thank you so much for reading! Join my blog to be notified when I make a new post and I will see you later. Byeee!

XOXO Bella

You Might Also Like

0 comments