The Metaphor That Blew My Mind

2/25/2016


This is Dodie Clark. I have mentioned her in a blog post a couple months ago (My Doddleoddle Obsession) and I was watching her My Brain (Tour Diary) video and she mentioned a metaphor that goes like this, 

"Life is a bus ride, and people get on and off your bus. I guess I've had a few people get off my bus recently. And it's weird because I've sat next to these people for a long time."

You guys have no idea how much I have thought about this quote. My reaction was basically this GIF of Dodie. I was like, "Oh my god. I can literally relate to this." (WARNING: I am going to use this metaphor to explain my thinking so it may sound emo. Sorry) I say that yes, life is a bus ride. My life is a bus ride. The people I have known have sat on my bus for a long, long time. In the past, people have gotten off and never came back on. Someone I know had gotten off the bus, but recently came back on the bus and sat right next to me for the longest time. Then, they moved seats. They are moving farther and farther away from me and is close to getting off again. I don't want it to happen. I don't want them to get off, but I know that someday they will. And probably won't come back on. I have thought about this all day and I have some people in mind who will get off my bus very soon, because things are going to change for me. Although I'm not sure if it's for better or for worse. In my mind and the way I'm looking at it, it's going to be for the worse. New people will get on my bus, and old people will get off. It may be for better or for worse. I guess I'll have to wait for the future to come. Let me know in the comments, or make a blog post about your thoughts about this metaphor and let me know if this metaphor had an impact on you, or even blew your mind.

Thank you so much for reading! Join my blog to be notified when I make a new post and I will see you later. Byeee!

XOXO Bella

PSSST! EXCITING THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME!
So, in french class we had to do a project on someone who inspires us and I chose Dodie. She is my favourite YouTuber and has inspired me to play ukulele! I tweeted her pictures of my project... AND SHE LIKED MY TWEET. I actually died a little. I would put a picture but it shows my Twitter account, which shows my face... But let's just say I may or may not have fallen off my desk chair after seeing the notification. Thanks so much again Dodie! (Although I highly doubt she is reading this)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This metaphor is so relatable. I've had people getting on and off and on and off, and all I can do is hope that they'll come back after they get off. Great post! And congrats on getting a like from Dodie! And thanks for nominating me for the Liebster Award :):)
    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooo! Congratulations Bella xx I'm so happy for you xxx I get this metaphor and can relate to it! I've had some people act friendly when to me when their friends weren't around but go back to acting the same afterwards. Now I don't take too much notice of people who use me when there's no one else around. They're not worth it. I loved the gif btw! ❤️❤️
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete