BuzzFeed Mug Cake FAIL | BEDIM 3

3/03/2016


Hello, and welcome to my attempt at making a mug cake! I found the recipe on BuzzFeed yesterday because we had a HUGE snowstorm and I got to stay home! So, this is what I did with my time. I'll leave the video I got the recipe from HERE although, I don't know if you are going to want to try it out after you see my results...


What you will need is:
- A mug (obviously)
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter (TIP: when you melt your butter, put it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. If you put it in for too long, it will boil so much that it sprays your microwave with butter. I totally didn't do that when I melted my butter...)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk (I used almond milk so that's why the milk I'm using is a little browner)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons of self-raising flour
- a pinch of salt
- sprinkles (optional)



First, you are going to want to whisk the butter and the egg together.



Then add the sugar and vanilla extract.


I know this looks a little disgusting!


Then and the flour and salt and mix until smooth. (your gonna be there a while!)



Then if you want you can add sprinkles. I did because why not!


Looks delicious! (nope)


I cleaned my mug a little because all the mixing made it really dirty. So then, put your mug cake in the microwave for one minute.


This is what my mug cake looked like so I put it in for another 30 seconds because this made me very skeptical.


As I was watching it in the microwave, this happened. IT GREW OUT OF THE MUG! I was literally freaking out!  I actually thought that it was going to grow out of my mug and eat me in my sleep.


It looked slightly more cooked, so I used the toothpick technique. Basically, you stick a toothpick around in the cake and if it comes out clean, it's cooked, if it comes out dirty, its not cooked.


After sticking it in the microwave for another minute and thirty seconds, it looked more cooked and I stabbed it a million times with a toothpick. It was done!


I attempted to make icing with icing sugar and almond milk...


But it turned out like this and I gave up.


I tried my mug cake and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. In this picture, I actually tried to cut a pice off to try it and the entire thing came out.



I thing I must've done something wrong for it to turn out like this. I'll have to try again some other time.


After that, I pretty much threw out my cake and made myself some green tea.


I pretty much went back up to my room, wearing my blue penguin-snowflake pyjama pants and SAO sweater with Kirito on it, and drank my green tea. 

I don't know what I did wrong, I'm sure someone will tell me. If you try to make this mug cake, send me the pictures on my Tumblr and I will take a look at them! Well, that's all for today. Thank you some much for reading and seeing how bad my cooking skills are!Join my blog to be notified when I make a new post and I will see you later.  Happy 3rd day of BEDIM!Byeee!

XOXO Bella

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I really wish you had some mug cake especially as there was a snowstorm outside! I love mug cakes, as they are super easy to make and taste delicious! Well, atleast you had fun making it :):) And I really like your Beauty and the Beast cup, it's so cute! Did you buy it because it matched with your name, like Bella and Belle? I'm a huge fan of Disney Princesses, even though I'm 13. Great post, and can't wait for more BEDIMs :):):)
    ~ Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I didn't even realize that I chose the beauty and the beast cup! Lol! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Better luck next time Bella! Practice makes perfect! I would love to make a mug cake. Maybe I'll give one a try soon ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try! You'll probably do better than me

      Delete
  3. When you're a carpenter making a beautiful chest of drawers, you're not going to use a piece of plywood on the back, even though it faces the wall and nobody will ever see it. You'll know it's there, so you're going to use a beautiful piece of wood on the back.
    ViralNova

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your Beauty and the Beast cup, it's so cute! Here are some Cakes and Mini Cakes Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day you should check to plan your mother's day.

    ReplyDelete