Preparing For My Dad's Birthday | BEDIM 30

3/30/2016


Hello everyone! Today is sadly the second last day of BEDIM. There is still next year though! Maybe my high school life will be more interesting. But anyways, tomorrow is my dad's 44th birthday. My dad is the type of guy who doesn't really like to have a HUGE celebration for his birthday. He's fine with some family and friends that come over, he doesn't want anything extravagant. 

So, tomorrow my mom, brother, dad and I are going out for dinner to celebrate. Tonight, my mom and I forced my dad to stay in his room while we decorated the kitchen with a "Happy Birthday" banner, streamers hanging from the ceiling, paper cut outs of presents and candles, a streamer centre piece and a happy birthday sign. My mom, brother and I signed the card for him and placed his gift of a Hudson's Bay gift card and a Kit Kat.

My mom and I love to embarrass my dad. It's hilarious. The restaurant we are going to is the one I went to for my birthday. It's a Chinese food place that is delicious! When we went, it just so happened that like 20 other peoples birthday was on July 15th as well. About every 10 minutes, happy birthday was being sung by the staff. But it's not the regular "bring you a free cupcake with a candle on it followed by a little song", it is a full on "bring you a balloon, cake and candle, Happy Birthday in both English and Chinese sung by a staff member karaoke style in front of the whole restaurant". That is exactly what my dad hates. Whenever we go somewhere and when it's someones birthday, his firsts word when we sit down are, "Don't tell them it's your birthday." It's actually pretty funny. 

With that, my plan is to secretly tell the person it's my dad's birthday and have them sing to him. I am probably going to die of laughter and film it. Oh I am definitely going to film it! Comment down below any funny birthday stories you have to share!

Well, that's all for today. Thank you so much for reading! Join my blog to be notified when I make a new post and I will see you later. Byeee!

XOXO Bella

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. yass! you should totally do that, my dad is similar and cringes a lot aswell
    dramaqueendaizy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete