Body Image

6/03/2016


Body image. It's the way you see yourself and imagine how you look. In this day and age, most girls body image is to be small and thin. A flat stomach, thigh gap, thin arms, contour, highlight and brows that are on fleek. Not everyone has that. The girls who don't have that, feel bad about themselves, they feel as though they have no place. They try to achieve it. Some do it the better way of eating healthy and exercising, and some take the wrong way and starve themselves. They see the pounds shed off and feel that satisfaction of being like everyone else. Some girls don't give a crap about what they look like, they don't care if they have a bigger body or that they show their stomach. They accept themselves for who they are. They are the people we should be looking up to. The people who accept themselves for who they are. No matter their size or shape or personality or style, they love themselves for it all.

I know this isn't really a normal post of mine, but the topic came to me a while ago. I think it means a lot more that I made it now, since "bikini season" is coming soon. Almost too soon, according to all the diet magazines and commercials. Most girls right now are probably stressing out because they need to shape up and get thin and small so they can look good by the pool. What most girls don't know, is that you don't need to look like that. You can be any shape or size to look fantastic by the pool. It doesn't matter what you look like, you should't be ashamed of your body. People shouldn't judge you based on your looks, it's really personality that matters. A lot of girls are beautiful and probably have a body that you wish you had, but chances are they don't have a personality like you. Who cares about what you look like?  You're  amazing in your own way.

I know that coming from me, that is a lot to say. In the past, I have always cared a lot about what people thought of me. I was always afraid to wear certain things because I was afraid people would judge me for how I looked. Over the past few months, I realized that no one really cares about that. The only person that was caring and judging me, was me. I know that what I said before seems easy, but it's more difficult than it sounds. You have to try and get that mindset of worrying about the way you look out of your head. I know it sounds easy, but it takes some time to get rid of. For example, when you have a bad hair day. Most people try so hard to fix it and freak out about it because they say they look horrible. All you need to do, is try not to care. Just don't care. You'll be fine. Wear something that you wouldn't usually wear just for the fun of it, and just try not to care. Don't worry about anything, just try. Although, my one tip that you should keep in mind is that, if you are gonna change something about yourself, make sure you're doing it for you and nobody else. If you're doing it for someone, it's not worth it. Just make sure that any decision you make is for you and no one else. Try your best to keep that in mind.

That's pretty much all the advice I have for now. This is what has been helping me get out of that mindset. I know it sounds easy, but once you actually try it it's a little difficult. But trust me, try it everyday and the mindset will slowly fade. If you have any advice, leave it in the comments!

But, that's all for today. Thank you so much for reading! Join my blog to be notified when I make a new post and I will see you later. Byeee!

XOXO Bella 



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love this post! I am quite conscious of my body image. I am petite and try to keep exercising enough so I am quite healthy and fit. My brothers like to exercise too so it helps because I don't have to do it alone. I have learnt to accept my flaws and recognise that my friends hopefully shouldn't mind them if they do recognise them. Sometimes it's nice because they could encourage you and what you think might be a flaw they might find cute or something that is the opposites ❤️❤️
    I hope you are happy with your body Bella xx you deserve to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laila! I am actually starting to love my body a lot more than I used to and I'm still working on it. Thank you so much again!

      Delete