Looking Back On Grade 8

6/17/2016


As most of you know, I am one nostalgic human being. I tend to look back on the past a lot and worry and overthink too much about the future. Today, I am going to be looking back on an important year in my life, grade 8. This is my last year of elementary school. I've been to the same elementary school for 10 years straight. I've watched all of my friends grow up in front of me after all these years. Next year, I might not see them. I overthink about this concept way too much, and I shouldn't. Basically all of my close friends are going to my high school and I have a 1 in a million chance of having at least one class with them. There are some differences with classes between me and some of my friends. For example, someone that I recently started talking to, is taking everything applied except for math. I am taking everything academic, but math is my worst subject and I might change to applied. This is a person I care about and I might not be able to be in a class with them. But, I'm not going to worry about that. I am constantly worrying about the future and not paying attention to whats in front of me right now or looking back on the great things that have happened this year. In order for my future self to remember these memories and great people, I am going to look back on this year in this blog post. So, here is my grade 8 year.

I'm going way back to even before the first day of school even happened. I was awaiting my mom to get the email from my school saying who my teacher was. I desperately wanted to be in Ms. B's class. I legit prayed and prayed. The day my mom got the email, I braced myself for the results. I was so happy, that I was jumping up and down saying "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!". I got to be in Ms.B's class. I was literally so happy. I quickly texted my friends and asked them who their teacher was. Dan, Kat, Liz and Ini had Ms. B. I was glad that I had most of my friends in my class for my last year.

At the beginning of the year, I was in the best shape I could've been and I think I was the most confident I've ever been in years. I can't even remember the last time I was that confident. I tried to get out of my comfort zone a little bit and tried my best not to be so shy. It was pretty good. I even started talking to Aid, remember him? I used to write literally all of my posts about him. We talked a lot and created some funny memories that I have documented on this blog, you can check them out if you want. I liked him so much, it wasn't even funny. We became pretty good friends. We went out on a bike ride together before grade 8 started and played video games until midnight sometimes. We even got each other christmas presents. 

That all came to an end when his friend tried to make me believe he didn't care about me and a bunch of stuff happened. But it's all behind us now. We just pretend like it didn't happen, because it was my fault for believing the things his friend said and it was his fault for saying those things. Aid and I stopped talking and I still liked him a lot. I still remember, after the grad trip, I told him about my feelings for him and told him I still like him a lot. The day after, he got a girl friend... Although, that girlfriend legit lasted like 2 days sooooo... That's kind of when I realized that it was time for me to move on. This was actually the first time I ever got over a guy. I started to lose interest in him. We still are good friends and we still talk at school. Things are fine between us and that is what matters. I'm actually kind of glad that I got over Aid, because I feel like if I hadn't I wouldn't have started talking to and trusting some new friends that I made. 

The only thing that really brought be down is my weight. I gained a little of it and I am trying to make my body the way I want it. I've lost some self confidence and I've also become really shy and quiet. I'm trying to change that. I've tried to talk to new people and I've started eating healthier and going to the gym. I am doing this for me and me only. Either way, I will be happy with my body. Plus, I am still gonna look great in my grad dress. This just shows me that it takes time and patience to have the things that I want, and that I have to work hard and stay positive. I always have a negative attitude towards people comments. When someone tells me I'm beautiful or to just not care what other people think, I try my best to take the compliment and advice. The only person that is caring and judging me, is me.

A big highlight in my year is the grad trip. Amazing things happened on this trip. I wrote a post about it HERE . I know he probably read this, but uhh... beaucoup apparently means you're welcome according to him...

I have also made some great friends. I kind of already knew these people, I just didn't really talk to them as much. These great friends are Fai, Gian, Mae, and Emi. I've always talked to and trusted Fai. She was actually the first one to ever find out about my blog. She gives the best hugs that nyse could ask for.  She has helped me a lot with some stuff I went through and I hope we stay good friends and I'll see her in high school next year! Gian is a great guy. I trust him a lot and I think we've become good friends. He is someone I want to be friends with throughout high school and someone I can go to if I need him to beat anyone up for me or if I just need a hug. Mae, Emi, Dan, Clar and I have actually become really good friends. We met over Splice week and we've been inseparable at school since then. We never knew that we would be this good of friends and I honestly couldn't ask for better friends. We talk about the craziest and most random things ever and have good laughs all the time. We are basically the best squad out there!

There are the little moments the happened that actually happened recently. Like, I hugged a guy for the first time (which seems really stupid but that is legit what my life is like), I joined a soccer team and made some good friends there, I got confirmed and had my cousin as my sponsor, and I am going to be graduating in exactly one week. I can't wait! Hopefully I'll have some interesting stories to tell about my grad night, we'll have to wait until then I guess!

A lot of crazy things happened this year and I really hope I stay in touch with the amazing people that I've become close to this year and I can't wait to graduate with them. That's all for today I guess. I also apologize for the lack of posts! I legit graduate next Friday and I just haven't had any time to come up with a post. I have some ideas in my book and I look forward to writing them! 

Thank you so much for reading! Join my blog to be notified when I make a new post and I will see you later. Byeee!

XOXO Bella





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful year! It might be pretty hard for you to lose friends you've had for a long time, especially ones which helped you get through the hard times. But keeping in mind how close you are to them, I don't think you'll ever really leave them :):)
    Enjoy your graduation and take all these amazing memories to high school with you!!
    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That really helped me out a lot Autumn!

      Delete