What To Do Over The Summer Break

6/30/2016


I'm pretty sure for most people, it's officially summer break! I actually just finished school yesterday and said goodbye to my elementary school and shed a couple tears. But, I've got august to worry about high school, I have all summer to keep in touch with my friends. So, I have thought of some ways to keep yourself occupied for the summer! These are things that me and my friends enjoy doing, so here they are!

#1: Going On Picnics!


I love doing this with my friends! Having a picnic can be a great way to hang out with your friends outside for once and do something you all love, eating food and taking artsy pictures of the nature. If you have a certain place in mind that you can walk to, it is a great workout depending on how much you bring on your picnic. At least if you walk there, you have something to look forward to. 

With a picnic, you don't have to go somewhere far away or somewhere special, you can literally do it in your backyard! You could grab a couple blankets and fairy lights and make a little picnic fort! That is something I am definitely going to try that one day this summer! Your picnic doesn't even have to be with your friends either. It could be with your cousins, your family, your boyfriend or girlfriend. It's something cute that you could do to spend time together and eat food. 

Your picnic doesn't have to be fancy at all. You don't need a fancy wicker basket to hold your food and you don't need an artsy picnic blanket either. You can make it your own. My friends and I used towels and a bunch of bags to hold our food in. If you want to get food ideas for a picnic or see how my friends and I prepare a picnic, then leave a comment and maybe I'll write a post about it!

#2: Go See A Movie


If you're the type of person who doesn't really like spending time outside, then this one might be for you! It's simply seeing a movie at the movie theatre. If you're too lazy to actually move out of your house, theres always Netflix. You could call up some friends and you could hang out and just watch movies. You could watch TFIOS or Me Before You and have some good cries, watch cheesy romance movies and complain how single you all are, or watch a scary movie and have a last minute sleepover because you're all too scared to sleep alone. 

You could do this by yourself, with some friends, your boyfriend, girlfriend, cousins, family, anyone. Even your cat or dog. If theres a movie you really want to see *cough cough* Finding Dory *cough cough* then nows your chance to go and see it.

#3: Go To The Beach 


This is something I'm pretty sure is obvious to do. Even though the beaches here in Canada are literally lakes surrounded by rocks and "sand", it's still pretty good to go. If you cant go to the beach, a blow up pool in your backyard is just as good. You could turn on the sprinkle if you want to. Even if you don't want to go to the beach to swim, get your tan on! Make people believe you went somewhere warm and got nice and bronze. Or go on a picnic at the beach, or just have fun with your friends. If your still secretly six years old, collect some sea shells for your collection or build a sand castle for the fun of it!

#4: Go Away For A Couple Weeks!


You just finished your 10 months of blood, sweat, stress and tears. You deserve a break! Maybe your parents booked a vacation to somewhere nice, or maybe you have a cottage that you go to every summer. Go and just forget about those stressful times and take advantage of all the free time you have. If you can't afford to fly away for a couple weeks or days, grab your friends or family and go on a road trip or go camping! Maybe getting away for a little bit can help you settle into the summer days and maybe try sleeping in a little more than usual. If you do end up going away, try not to use your phone or computer too much. Spend time out exploring and sight seeing and just try and have a great memorable time! Meet new people so you can come back and tell people about some weird experiences. 

I think this might be a good time to mention something that happened over my grad trip that I didn't mention... The first night we got there was a disaster with the food and whatever, but there was something else. Right in front of our hotel, a police chase happened. Some drunk guy apparently stole a van and the police where chasing him. They shot his wheel and he swerved right in front of the hotel. He tried to run away and got out of the car but the police caught him and tackled him to the ground... The only reason I know this, is because my friends hotel window was facing the scene and she saw the whole thing. Plus we saw the news reporters cars and the police drive by from our hotel window. See, a weird experience right there.

#5: Have Some Alone Time


I know that sometimes summer is seen as being with your friends all the time and just constantly being around people so you don't get bored. But sometimes, you just need a day to yourself. You can either stay inside or go out by yourself. A lot of people say that being alone isn't healthy or isn't good. It's actually pretty good, at least in my opinion. I actually really enjoy being alone. Being alone is mostly good because you don't always have to rely on someone and you can just think by yourself. 

You can do anything you want on this day you have to yourself. You can stay in and watch YouTube videos or maybe start watching a new TV show on Netflix. You can have a spa day and go to Lush and try out some of their amazing smelling bath bombs and gels and face masks. You can lay in bed all day and eat food. Read a book, drink some tea or coffee, try a BuzzFeed cooking video and try not to fail at making a mug cake, you can literally do anything you want on this day alone.

#6: Spend Time With The Person You Care About


Some of you may a boyfriend or girlfriend, although spending time alone is good, spending time alone with them is probably even better. Just make a day for the two of you. Watch some movies, eat food, do anything you want. These are just some suggestions cause I'm not an expert fro these types of things. But if you are in a relationship or you just want to show someone that you care about them, spend a day with them and have fun!

Well, that's it for today! Now that it is finally time for summer, I'll have more time for making posts! I am still so so so sorry for not posting a lot in the last couple months! I can't promise that it won't happen again but I will try my best to keep it from happening! I'm going to be filling my notebook with more ideas and I'll need some of your help with them! Leave some comments suggesting some things you want me to make a post about! Maybe a Summer Morning Routine, Room Tour? I will try and do anything!

But, thank you so much for reading! Join my blog to be notified when I make anew post and I will see you later. Byeee!

XOXO Bella















You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. With a whole 2 months of holiday ahead of me, I can already see myself not knowing what do on some days! I'll remember to look back on this post when I have nothing to do.


    Mind checking out my latest - it's all about my recent adventures in Poland!

    Alice x
    girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete