Becoming A Pesco-Vegetarian

9/14/2016


Hello everyone! Today I am going to be talking about something that I have thought about for the last couple years of my life. I have always thought of becoming vegetarian or vegan for a while and I always thought it would be impossible for me. I ate meat everyday and since I am Italian we eat a lot of meat as well. I have some issues with my stomach and I just never feel good on the inside and I knew I needed to change something about my diet and pay close attention to what I'm eating. I decided to cut out meat completely from my diet. Honestly, it was easy. I just avoided eating chicken and other meats and stuck to fruits and vegetables and things like rice and bread. Honestly, I feel a lot better than I have been feeling for the last little while. I also feel like my stomach is slowly getting smaller and I honestly just feel more confident in my body. I can also see my skin and acne get a whole lot better! I have been using proactive for the bat two or three weeks and that has been helping, but I do believe that what you eat has a lot to do with your skin. My skin is always soft and rarely dry and oily anymore. 

A lot of people become vegetarian or vegan for health purposes and stuff like that. I usually would call myself vegetarian, but I did some research because I know there are people out there who are very strict with this topic and will judge me if I don't use this preference right. With my research, I can call myself a Pesco-Vegetarian or a Pescatarian. Basically, I don't eat meat, but I still eat eggs and fish. I don't eat them that often, but I love sushi and I don't think I could give that up and I'm sorry! Eggs, I rarely eat. If there is literally nothing in my fridge for me to eat, I will go for an egg. I cut out meat because I remember I saw this BuzzFeed video where they got people to kill their food. I still remember that these people didn't want to do it. I just thought to myself that this wasn't good for the earth. I think chickens and pigs and all these animals are adorable. Whenever my Nonna cooked rabbit, I never ate it because I didn't want to eat a cute little furry animal like that. I just feel that it's not really good for the animals, especially when they are tortured in captivity. I always see those types of videos on my Instagram feed and that is kind of what pushed me to stop eating meat. I still eat fish because at Christmas, Italians don't eat meat, we eat fish. My Nonna would kill me if I didn't eat any fish. Also, in my opinion fish is a little healthier than meat. A Pescatarian also still eats milk and dairy, but I'm allergic to that so I don't eat that. I have almond milk and cashew milk ice cream so I'm good. I also think that the vegetarian and vegan options on menus taste way better, because after I eat them I don't feel so bloated and disgusting after.

Would I go vegan? I could, but I'm still growing. I still think I need to eat eggs and fish in order to help me grow a little more. I feel like I would become vegan when I get older and I move out of my parents house. I still support vegans and vegetarians, but for now I'll stick to being a Pesco-Vegetarian.

What about you? Would you consider being vegetarian or vegan or like me and be a Pesco- Vegetarian? Let me know in the comments! Maybe I could do a post on my favourite Pescatarian foods that I make?

Anyways, that's all for today. Thank you so much for reading! Join my blog to be notified when I make a new post and I will see you later. Byeee!

XOXO Bella

You Might Also Like

0 comments