What I Want To Add To My Closet In 2017

1/11/2017


Christmas is usually the time when we get a lot of clothes and accessories added to our closets. I recently started to notice that I only wore a fourth of what I actually own. I had so many items that didn't fit, I didn't like anymore, I forgot I had and even things that are a little too young for me. As we get older our styles change and we want to express ourselves through our clothing. A couple days after Christmas, I went through everything I had and got rid of everything and anything I never wore. I got rid of more than half my closet and gave my clothes to family friends and to charity. I now own very little clothing. but thats okay with me. I don't really wear normal clothing often because I go to a uniform school. But I do like to have clothes to wear on holidays and after school with my friends and on weekends. I wear everything I own now and there isn't anything I won't wear. My closet (shown in the picture above) is pretty simple, with very neutral colours and A LOT of flannels. The only pops of colour I have is my school uniform (on the far right) and a couple floral dresses I have (on the far left). As I'm getting older, I like to wear more neutral and dark colours. I try to keep it simple while also being creative. I'm pretty sure a lot of us are also very self-conscious about what we wear. The media try to portray all these tall thin women wearing these clothes and kind of showing people they have to look like that to wear those clothes. Honestly, you can wear anything you want and you look good in anything and everything. One of my resolutions for 2017 is to experiment with my style. When I go out, I always imagine myself in clothes before I buy them because I'm afraid that it will make me look big or it won't go well with my body shape and I just try and make myself turn away from it so I won't look a certain way. I want to get out of that mind set. I want to stop thinking I can't wear certain things because Im too big or I'm too short. There are many articles I want to try and I'm too afraid to. So, this year I want to try them out and try to get myself out of this mindset of clothes making me look big, because who cares anyways!


I have put together a list of 10 things I want to add to my closet in 2017. In my closet, it is currently filled with hoodies, flannels, cardigans and a couple dresses. #1, I have to get rid of some hoodies because I have WAY too many and #2 I have to stop buying flannels because I also have way too many of them. I have about 6 or 7 t-shirts, a whole bunch of tank tops, and about 3 or 4 pull over sweaters without hoods on them. I have 2 pairs of blue high-waisted jeans, 4 or 5 pairs of back leggings and 3 pairs of track pants. I have a drawer full of jean and gym shorts and a drawer full of pyjamas. Its just basic things that I'm pretty sure everyone has. I want to expand and explore different things. I want to push myself because a lot of these things are actually really cute and would definitely go with my sense of style.


Item #1: T-Shirt Dresses


I have always loved t-shirt dresses, but I'm always afraid they will be too long on me. I'm only 5'1 (154cm) so many dresses I've tried on have been longer than I wanted them to be. But, I would at least want to try one on to see how it fits and possibly at it to my closet!

Item #2: Cable Knit Sweaters (Or basically any knit sweater)


Where I live it's cold, and sometimes all I want to do is cuddle up in a chunk knit sweater. Some of the ones I've found are either really itchy or really long on me. But, it's time for me not to care and just find one that is very comfortable!

Item #3: Black High-Waisted Jeans


I've wanted black jeans for the longest time, but I didn't really know what to put with them. But they're black so they will basically go with anything! I love wearing jeans but I've never found black jeans that are high-waisted. Time for me to start looking harder!

Item #4: Halter Tops


I know in 2016 I got a couple of these and I loved them! But, I mainly want to try different styles of them. Theres dresses and different colours and bathing suits like them! I want to push myself to try them because I absolutely love this style.

Item #5: Flowy Shorts


Flowy shorts are SO comfortable! I got a couple last year but they aren't really that flowy. There are some that look like skirts and those are the ones I want to try and push myself to wear. I think they would look cute with simple t-shirts or even some tank tops!

Item #6: Slouchy Sweaters


This is really similar to the knit sweaters, but I just want to try and push myself to wear something that I would usually avoid. I want to just not care about what I look like and just wear stuff because I like the clothing. 

Item #7: Cute Bralettes 


Bralettes are super cute and really comfortable. I personally think they look really cute under t-shirts and sweaters and I want to push myself to not be afraid to show my bra strap all the time and go against society!

Item(s) #8: Neutral Coloured Clothing


I feel that as I get older and more mature, I don't always want to wear fun bright colours. I'm into more dark shades like burgundy and grey and black and white. So I want to try and add some more neutral colours.

Item #9: Comfortable Cute Onsie


I think onesies are so cute and comfortable and OH MY GOD I WANT THIS RHILAKUMA ONE SO BAD. I want a onesie I can wear and just be comfortable and not afraid to make a fool of myself wearing one.

Item #10: Ripped Jeans


Ripped jeans are something I have been a little self conscious about wearing. If you've been on my blog for a while then you might remember me mentioning a pair of ripped jeans in one of my favourites posts. Because I'm short, the rips didn't even show because they would just slouch and the rip would be closed. I want ripped jeans and if I want to wear them then I will and I don't care if you'll be able to see the rips or not!

That's all for today! Do you want to add anything to your closet or try something new in 2017? Leave it in the comments or if you decide to do a post link it in the comments and I will be sure to read them! Thank you so much for reading and I will see you later. Byeee!

XOXO Bella













You Might Also Like

0 comments