Old & New Friends

2/08/2017


Since getting into high school, I have made new friends and lost old ones. I know I am making a big deal about high school and making it seem horrible and all that, but it's not that bad. I know I was super nervous about the thought of growing up and leaving my friends behind and I was afraid of losing friends and people I care about. But sometimes things happen and people change. Some people change for the better and some for the worse, but I don't have power over who does what. Sometimes you just have to let people be people and move on. High school is going to be the best, worst, stressful, memory filled four years of our lives. It's hard not to have a negative impression of it. The teachers, the homework, the classes, the people, the rules and dress codes and codes of conduct. But sometimes you should just do what your told and enjoy these four years. These years are for you to try your hardest, improve yourself and figure out who you want to be in the future. 

Throughout these years, you'll meet tons of people. Some people better than others. Some people may even have a positive or negative impact on your life, some may even help you learn your lessons. I know I'm getting deep and kind of ranting a bit, but this has been inside me for a while and just need to get it out. I have experienced these changes with the people around me. There are people that I used to talk to everyday, for hours on end. It would always be so easy to talk about anything with these people and I was so comfortable being myself and always so happy to be with them. Now when we walk past each other in the hallways, its like we've never met before. Then they always complain, "Oh, I never see you anymore!", "Oh, we should hang out more!", yet when you walk past them in the hall and make an effort to say hi, it's like you're invisible. But that's okay. Sometimes people you thought would stick by you forever aren't who you thought they were.

That is why new people come around, and stay around. People you can relate to and make connections with will be there. Sometimes you have to make the first move, but it will be worth it in the end. Even if some things don't work out with certain people, you learn from your mistakes. These people will help you figure out who you are. Just make sure you make good choices with these people.

Sometimes those old friends will come around and say hi, check up on you, see how you're doing. Just be nice and remember them as they used to be. Move on, and meet new people. The best advice I can give you.

Thank you so much for reading! I'm sorry I didn't post last week. It was exams and I was busy studying and writing my exams. This week I started 2nd semester and so far its okay. There are some things I'm a little upset about but its okay. I hope you enjoyed this rant and I will see you later. Byeee!

XOXO Bella



You Might Also Like

0 comments